Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A much needed update...35 wks 3 days.

Well it's been over a month since I last updated and there's so much to talk about! Christmas just passed and we were able to spend a week home in DE visiting family and friends. It was a great time but it was also stressful and uncomfortable for me. I wasn't feeling particularly well but I was thankful to be able to spend the holidays with everyone. I'm now 35 wks and 3 days along and my due date is exactly 1 month away!! I can't believe the next time we visit DE, we will be parents. My parents will be coming down to visit and help out with baby Kenny. We're both very excited for that.
We also were able to visit home for Thanksgiving and my mom threw me a great baby shower. It was a lot of fun and thanks to all of our family and friends we have almost everything for the baby. I tried posting some pics of the baby shower but my computer is being weird so I'll have to post them later.
My next Dr's appt is Jan 7th and that should be fun (NOT). At 36 wks I have to get a group b strep test in which they swab a few certain areas that aren't fun to talk about lol. I'm hoping everything comes back normal and I'm pretty certain it will since I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) so far. All together I think I've gained about 20-23 lbs so far so I'm hoping not to go back 25-30 all together!!!
The baby's room is almost finished and those are some more pics I need to post. His crib is beautiful and now we're waiting on the mattress to be delivered. A few more touches here and there and it'll be all ready to go. As for his closet, I'm pretty sure not one more piece of clothing is going to fit lol. He has a huge wardrobe!!
In other news, Kenny is now stationed at Cherry Point which is about an hour away from where we live. Although he says the drive isn't too bad, he isn't very happy with the unit he's in. There's a deployment looming ahead and as for the month we're not sure yet. We're hearing rumors of March or April so we'll see. I'm really hoping that he doesn't deploy past April because it would be great to have him home for the baby's first Thanksgiving and Christmas, next year.
Well other than that not too much has been going on...just preparing for the baby and hoping he comes soon :) I'll try to post some pics and continue to keep whoever reads this updated :)

2 comments:

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

I reeeead! I can't wait to see you in a week! Love ya!

sue said...

FINALLY,,, a new post, I had about given up!!! so very glad that everything is going well... though I do get up dates via Kass... keep us posted, would love to see some pics of the baby's room!!!!